The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Friday, February 25, 2011

But wait, there's no snowman!

I thought I wanted to build a snowman.
I thought I wanted to make a snow angel.
I thought I wanted to sled down the small hill that is our street...

Naw, what I really wanted was to stay in my pajamas till noon, leisurely eat a big bowl of steaming hot oatmeal with brown sugar, walnuts, and dried cherries, and watch my kiddo and my dog enjoy themselves in the beautiful all-too-infrequent snow.

It was wonderful.
The pajamas, the oatmeal, and the view- all of it was wonderful.


And then I did some housework, took a nap, did some lesson planning, took the dog for a long walk, had movie night with Ab, and went to bed early.

Couldn't ask for more than that!

God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways;
he does great things beyond our understanding.
He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’
and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’
So that everyone he has made may know his work,
he stops all people from their labor.

Job 37:5-7 NIV