The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

This week's weather

A few blogs ago, I was saying how I really wanted some colder weather and snow. Since then, the temps have cooled and we got a nice rare February treat on Wednesday morning...

It snowed big fat flakes for about three hours- so very pretty, but not sticking much to the roads. In three more it was all gone. Not a sign of snow except on the mountains.
Looking out my classroom window Feb. 16. I had to use the camera on my little phone, so the resolution is not great, but you get the idea that I enjoy quite a nice view.


Today it was cool and clear- Ab and I went out around town and got these pics:

Mt St Helens


Baa baa black sheep.


Dodge trucks are ram tough.


Are you talking to me?


I'm friends with the llama- leave him alone.


Pacific Northwest sunny day photographer in a field.


Do you see what I see?
(Sorry. I was looking into the sun for this picture- concentrating on the cow.)


Illusive shadow people of the Pacific Northwest. Rarely seen or photographed,
they come and go without warning and tend to prefer August to any other month.

Some of our weather gurus are saying we might (MIGHT!!!) get an arctic blast this next week which might (MIGHT!!!) bring us some more lowland snow. We'll see. Since forecasting around here is notoriously difficult (as in WRONG), more than 24 hours in advance, we'll just have to wait. And pray. :->

Have a great Presidents' Day! (Don't forget to enter the contest- it ends Monday night!)