The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


As you can see, I fell for the Hallmark commercials that show the mom "bugging" her daughter with the cutest little bug stuffed with stuff. For Valentine's Day I chose to stuff it with milk chocolate Lindor Balls- Ab's faves. I told her I get the bug back so I can use it again and she wanted to know when I would use it. "Ah-ha!" I said, "I will surprise you because that is my right as a mom!" (Moms' rights are so awesome.)

For dinner, I made (uh, "assembled") lasagna, garlic bread, and salad. We ate by candlelight and she loved it. She also had two huge helpings of lasagna! Definitely a pasta girl.
For dessert, she made her "specialty": strawberries and bananas with chocolate syrup and whipped cream on top. She served me in the living room.

Then, we spent about half an hour in the bathroom trying to get a picture of both of us. We figured out that if we pose in front of a mirror, we can see what the shot will look like because the camera screen in back is reflected in the mirror. No more click and check for us, we would get it right the first time! Yeah. Right. 17 shots later...

Whatever. It was fun. Perhaps one of the most fun Valentine's Days I have had!

And now it is time for bed. We hope you had an awesome day!