The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

It is finished

My TRIP scrapbook, that is.  200 pages of memories, finally put together and sent to be printed as a book.  I usually don't print in books, I print individual pages.  But printing individual pages turns out to be more expensive than printing a book.  Also, putting individual pages into plastic sleeves makes the scrapbook very thick and heavy.  


I've been working on this since September.  Because of tendonitis in my right thumb and the inability to use the computer mouse, the book took a back seat for most of November through January. 


Spring break gave me the time to jump back in and finally finish it.  After I got it done, I had my mom proofread it before I sent it in to be printed.  She had some good questions and some suggestions to make the journaling more specific.  I wanted to be good and sure that it was exactly what I wanted- when you print a whole book, you can't just reprint a page here or there that didn't turn out the way you wanted.
I did a little research and found that blurb.com would probably give me the best value for the money.  I checked with snapfish, shutterfly, and other sites, but none of them allowed for a book that was 200 pages.  Blurb was the only one that did, and at a lower cost than the others.  


It's due to be here on May 10th.  I can't wait to see it.  I would give you access to the book online, but inside there are photos of people who want a higher level of privacy and I won't violate that.  Maybe I'll take pics of it when it gets here so you can see snippets and decide whether blurb.com is for you.


The most fun was reliving the trip.  I have shown some bits of it here on the blog, and will get back into it soon, but organizing the lay-outs and planning the placement of the photos was just great for reminiscing and learning more about the history that we saw.


May 10th, May 10th...  I'm all a-tingle.




Thank you to those who commented here, via email, or in person to express their concerns for my student with the dog bite, and to remember her in their prayers.  I'm sure she will appreciate it.  I'll let you know how she's doing!