The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Not even a brand new mouse. This mouse is supposedly ergonomically superior to my former mouse- you know... the flat, sleek, wonderfully modern looking, white Apple mouse. The go-to mouse that was smooth and matched my keyboard. Sigh. I loved that mouse. But the new mouse promises to have advantages and I will give it a try.

Not too much of a try, though. I'm still resting the thumb, taking my meds, doing the exercises, etc. It still hurts. I was hoping to be able to do some digital scrapbooking during Christmas break, but I doubt that will happen. Rats.

I'm trying to use my left hand as much as possible, but it is resisting. Silly left hand. It's been with me my whole life, you would think it would have picked up on a few things by now, but no. It can't use the mouse, can't brush my teeth very well, can't shake hands. It's great at wearing a watch and not too bad at typing or steering the car, but try and get it to put ribbon on a package or write something legible on the whiteboard...? Fugedaboutit. Slacker left hand.

Maybe its my fault. Maybe for forty-nine years I haven't been letting my left hand know what my right hand was doing...