The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I know where my boxes went!

They went to Peru. I've never been to Peru, but according to Samaritan's Purse, my shoeboxes are there now- waiting to be given to a dozen girls who really could use some Christmas.

Last year, I did a dozen boxes for the older boys. Those boxes went to Indonesia.
This year, I decided to do them for the older girls. I didn't budget it out month by month like last year. This year I figured that since I didn't really need anything for my birthday, I would have a shoebox party. (Hey- If they are going to cut my pay at work, I'll figure out a way to rope everyone else into my charity giving!)
Since I wanted to build seven shoeboxes, I asked people to bring seven items (Because 7 times 7 is my age. I am prime squared.). We had great fun as we passed the boxes around the table and loaded them with goodies.
Combined with the five boxes I did with Ab, this made an even dozen. And now they are in Peru!
Check out the Samaritan's Purse website for more details on this ministry.