The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Leftover turkey goes to pot...

Pot pie that is. I found an easy recipe on the internet and I made it even easier. It's so easy, it is almost like cheating.

Oven to 400 F.

Start with 2 cups of chopped up leftover turkey. White meat, dark meat, mix it all.
Add 1 can cream of chicken soup. (10.75 oz.)
Add 1/2 cup milk

The original recipe called for 2 cups of frozen "mixed vegetables", but I changed it a bit because my bag of frozen veg doubles as a flexible ice pack for my thumb, and also I prefer broccoli to carrots.

Add 1 cup frozen chopped broc, and 1 cup frozen potato cubes (Southern style hash browns)
Mix well and sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. The original recipe said to saute some onions and then add them to the mix. Too much work for me.

The original recipe also expected me to make the pie crusts. Ha. Recipe writer, meet Mr. Doughboy!
Unroll the refrigerated pie crusts and put one in the bottom of the pie plate. I use a glass pie plate because I think they work better than the metal ones. No research there- just a feeling.
Add the turkey/veg mixture, put the top crust on and crimp the edges with the bottom crust.
Poke a couple of holes in the top crust and put it in the oven for about an hour.
The original recipe said that it serves seven. I think it serves six- it's much easier to cut a pie into six equal pieces than into seven!

So there you have it- cheater turkey pot pie. We had it for dinner tonight and the leftovers might be dinner tomorrow! YUM.