The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

That time I turned 50... again...

I have some great family and friends.  The either didn't believe me, or they ignored me completely when I said I didn't want a big deal for my 50th.  (I didn't want gifts.  I'm trying to simplify my life- not add stuff to it. I didn't want a party- I would prefer a small gathering where it is easy to visit with people and not feel like I had to be "up" and all hostess-y the whole time.)

Anyway, we had some fun at my folks' house when a bunch of friends showed up wearing all their weirdest stuff. (Most of them are teachers.  Teachers keep strange outfits for occasions like spirit week.)

I think if you click on the pictures, you can see them in a larger format... get all the juicy details. 



I kept the scrapbook layouts colorful and simple.  I don't have any embellishments that really fit the 50th theme- or the travel theme for this color, so I just let the pictures speak for themselves.