The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

And then there was the time that...

And then there was the time that I posted about waiting and three hours later the guy who is buying my house calls to tell me that they can't get out of their lease in the middle of the month, so I might as well stay till the end of May (2 weeks past the official closing date)- rent free.

Well, that's an answer to prayer.  Now B of A has a little more time to consider and accept my offer and then I won't have to move twice.  Maybe.

And while I was waiting, a dear friend was also waiting- but a different kind of waiting.  She was waiting for the results of her mammogram, and MRI, and biopsy.  Not good.  There will be surgery, and maybe some cell-killing drugs.  And she will spend lots of time waiting.

And while in the grand scheme of things my waiting pales in comparison to hers, in the grander scheme of things, it's all washed out compared to waiting for the ultimate home and the ultimate healing in Heaven.  It's good to wait on our God who is sovereign and all-knowing and infinitely compassionate.