The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

I just got bumped

It's sort of like being rear-ended, but at much slower speeds. I was sitting at a red light, thinking about dinner, and BUMP!

I checked with Ab- "Are you ok?". She was. I was, too.

So I put on my flashers, and got out of the car to see how the other driver was.

Me: You ok?

Her: Yes- I'm so sorry. Are you ok? I'm so sorry.

Me: We're fine and there's no damage to either car.

Her: I'm so sorry. I was just looking at my phone because my daughter called me. I'm so sorry.

Me: (Using my best "teacher face"- because she was younger than me and I felt it was called for) Ok, but please don't answer your phone when you are in the car.

Her: Yes, I'm so sorry.

Me: Ok.

As I got back in the car, I think she was still saying, "I'm so sorry" two or three more times. I wonder if she was really sorry or if she noticed my Law Enforcement Memorial license plates and thought maybe I was a cop.

Doesn't matter. I just hope she pays closer attention from now on. Sometimes, a little bump is all you need to stay on the straight and narrow.