The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Artist

She's been grounded from her DS for a few weeks.

I'm not going to tell you why... you can probably guess it has something to do with the Becoming-a-Tweenager, Eye-Rolling, Lip-Curling, General Snarkiness phase of life.

Anyhoo, she needed something to do, and she found it.
I'm finding all these bits of paper around the house with drawings on them. Mostly, they are drawings of owls (You know- of Ga'Hoole). They are EVERYWHERE. I'm not allowed to tidy up and throw them away- even if by accident.

Noooooo!!! Mom!!! That's for Susie!!!

I didn't even know she knew a Susie.

All I know is that when I was her age and I had to make a poster of an owl for school, I measured every little part of that pathetic little owl as I drew it and even then it didn't look real. It looked like a cartoon.

Hers, on the other hand, look like owls.
Apparently, she gives them away at school. I don't know if the kids ask for them, or she just thinks that someone would be blessed to own their very own "Abby Original". Maybe she keeps them on hand as a peace offering to those she has bossed around too much.

Whatever the reason, it's kind of cute. I love it that she can draw without copying something out of a book or needing a ruler and a big eraser.

She's very creative, my kiddo. I never know what she will come up with next.

Maybe we can start selling her art and I can retire!