The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I can see clearly now...

Just got my new glasses- lenses only, I'm using the same frames because they are pretty comfortable (as glasses go) and I don't really need new ones.

The technician took my old glasses and new lenses and went to the back room where she made the switch.

She came back out, I tried them on, and WHOA! The whole world looked like a fishbowl with really thick sides. I felt like Mr. Magoo! Couldn't see near, couldn't see far... I silently wondered who messed up- the doctor or the technician?

She took them back from me and examined them closely and exclaimed, "Huh. I think I put them in the wrong sides."

It was everything I could do to keep from rolling on the floor laughing. That would not have been polite. But really- can you imagine?

She made the switch and I can see clearly now.

I guess the moral of the story is to always look through the correct lenses!