The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

I really scored big this year.  Not that I teach in order to gain gifts at various seasons, it's just a nice little bonus that I'm willing to share with you now...
(Please keep in mind that in middle school it is rare that students give teachers gifts- especially in public school.)

This was my first Valentine:

Isn't it cute?  This took time and effort and I think it is just adorable. I love the eyes! The student even wrote me a personal note on the back of the pudding cup head.  The giver of this gift was the lovely young lady who informed me the first week of school that I had taught her mom some 23 years ago.

After that I received:
*two small dove chocolate squares from two separate students (no cards attached),
*a store-bought card from one of those boxes of 36 that you buy for a whole class in elementary school that had Elsa, Anna and Olaf hoping I have a magical Valentine's Day (at least it was signed),
*a handwritten sentiment that had been photocopied onto 8 1/2 x 11 paper and opened on the left instead of the right from a student that has math from the teacher next door- not me,
*and a small, red envelope with To: Mrs. Wakeman  on it with my last name scribbled hastily underneath and a generic hand-stamped Happy Valentine's Day card inside with no signature or personalization on it.

I can only imagine what Mrs. Wakeman got.

So that's it!  Can you feel the love?