The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

We met Eric Metaxas!

Here he is signing a book for Abby.
This summer, my book club read Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas.  It chronicles the rise of Hitler and the Nazi Party and one pastor's response to the growing threat.  It was a great read and I highly recommend it.

Of course, when the author came to town to speak at a fundraiser, I HAD to go meet him.  He signed my paperback copy (Because I didn't really want him to sign my Nook...) and also signed one of his children's books for Abby.

He was gracious and warm and his speaking style was just as engaging as his writing style.  I think my next book will be the one he wrote about abolishing the British slave trade- Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery. 


On another note, I finally figured out how to delete photos in Picasa (you have to create an account which I thought I already had.  grrrrr.)  So I have freed up some space and can post a few more pics here and there.  I just don't like the idea that Google forces me to have more of a presence on the internet than I really wanted.