The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mama said there'd be days like this...

So, I made some Kool-Aid the other day.  Not because I have a kid, but because I rather like Kool-Aid.  It's cheaper than soda, I can cut the amount of sugar I add to it, and it can be a nice change from plain old boring water.  Sometimes, Ab drinks it, too.

I mixed up some Black Cherry flavor.  As I was stirring it, I thought it would be nice if it tasted a bit more like Black Cherry Creme Soda.  I added about a half teaspoon of vanilla extract.  It smelled great.

I tasted it.  It tasted exactly like cough medicine.

So much for experimentation.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, and especially to my mom who made us a whole lot more than Kool-Aid!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh - sorry your experiment didn't turn out better. I was ready to try it out myself. How about adding sparkling water it?
    And I want to thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comments. I think you are the only one who 'got" my "Sunrise-Sunset" theme! (I loved that movie!!) And I wish we lived closer to each other - we could take beginners tap together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon, I'm not saying I didn't drink it...! :->

    I would so take tap lessons with you- that would be a hoot! Can you imagine the scrapbook LOs we could make?

    And I don't listen to much current music anymore, but I almost always know my musicals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm sorry but this post made me roll on the floorlaughing!! Some things SEEM like such a good idea at the time!!!

    ReplyDelete