The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Easy salad

This is one of my favorite salads- not just because I invented it, but because it is easy, quick, and tasty. Start with a bag of broccoli slaw and a bag of shredded carrots.
(Could you chop the broc and shred the carrots yourself? Of course. But why?)
Mix those together with a heaping cup of raisins and store in it the fridge. When you want a salad, add sunflower seeds and a dressing of your choice to each individual portion. I prefer a poppy seed dressing, but recently I discovered this amazing onion dressing (that has some poppy seeds) from Tastefully Simple and I don't think I'll go back to regular poppy seed any time soon.
I don't use a ton of dressing- just enough to introduce the taste to each piece of veg. If there is dressing in the bowl after I have eaten, then it was wasted, and that would be a shame.
Then I add the seeds, and done! No chop chop, no Veg-O-Matic, no washing of knives!
Just dig in and enjoy!